Nine Things Associates Do Right
Real estate sales associates may make their share of mistakes, but most also take a lot of steps in the right direction when doing business.
The brokers interviewed for this article say that many of their good sales associates are:
- Tech-savvy, and willing to use technology to work smarter, faster and more profitably.
- Extremely thorough and very good about crossing their t’s and dotting their i’s.
- Paying more attention to risk management and liability issues.
- Following the rules closely to avoid making mistakes that could cost them transactions.
- Providing excellent customer service to their buyers and sellers.
- Keeping their clients informed about the progress of the sale and/or the transaction closing.
- Doing thorough comparative market analyses (CMAs) for sellers, and not just looking at what sold down the street (and tacking on 10 percent to come up with an asking price).
- Getting their designations, such as CRS, ABR and GRI, and as much education as possible to compete in the current market.
- Using the 80-20 rule when developing business (80 percent of their business comes from 20 percent of their clients/customers).