International Buyers Online Goldmine The Internet is the marketing vehicle of choice for professionals trying to reach overseas buyers. Here’s a roundup of popular sites.
Many sales associates are boosting their business by marketing their listings to international buyers online. If you haven’t tried this strategy, talk first with your broker. Many Florida firms are members of cooperative international listing organizations or have referral relationships in place with agencies in Europe, Canada, Latin America and other world markets.
Here are five other online resources for advertising your listings to buyers around the world:
• The National Association of Realtors® offers an International Market-to-Market Program. Sales associates and brokers can use this program to connect with real estate practitioners in specific markets or countries. Today, NAR has more than 70 cooperative agreements with real estate associations in more than 50 nations that provide opportunities to promote your services to target audiences.
Go to: www.realtor.org/international/market_to_market_home
• International Consortium of Real Estate Associations is a group of 30-plus national real estate organizations worldwide. Through its Web site, worldproperties.com, ICREA helps consumers locate properties outside their countries and find a qualified real estate professional.
• The International Real Estate Federation represents practitioners around the world in all fields of real estate. FIABCI provides access to more than 2 million potential contacts in 65 countries. Go tofiabci.com
• International Real Estate Digest. This commercial Web site, ired.com, features a directory to more than 50,000 real estate–related sites around the world. Sales associates can purchase links on the site to their own sites. Every link is visited by an IRED reviewer before being added to the directory and placed in a category to help consumers and real estate professionals find information.
• Global Real Estate Institute. This organization, globalrealestate.org
, can help brokers and sales associates get in touch with leading investors, developers and real estate companies around the world. Richard Westlund is a Miami-based freelance writer.