Florida Realtors Board sets policy on key initiatives
At its 2014 Mid-winter Business Meetings, the Florida Realtors Board of Directors took the following action on real estate issues:
- Florida Realtors support legislation codifying into law a fixed amount for homeless programs administered by the Department of Children and Families.
- Florida Realtors support legislation designed to create a regulatory framework that encourages private insurance companies to write or cover primary flood insurance risk in Florida.
- Florida Realtors support legislation which would allow Neighborhood Improvement Districts, with a referendum, to bond money so that improvements may be made in a speedier fashion.
- Florida Realtors support Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund legislative reforms that reduces Florida’s overall property insurance exposure by facilitating the continued removal of policies out of the Citizens Property Insurance Corporation.
- Florida Realtors support legislation creating a sinkhole repair program for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation policyholders that will reduce the frivolous claims and unscrupulous activity.
- Florida Realtors support proper legislation which would prevent the use of eminent domain to seize mortgage notes.
- Florida Realtors support s.509.032 (7) (b), Florida Statutes, in its current form regarding vacation rentals with the understanding that some clarification may be needed.