LOS ANGELES – Nov. 21, 2013 – Even though real estate agents put themselves at risk every day, several tactics can help assure safety.
1. Carry a cell phone with emergency numbers pre-programmed in speed dial.
2. Keep a cell phone with you – don’t lay it on a counter and walk away.
3. Trust your gut. If hosting an open house or showing a home to a new client that seems dicey, excuse yourself, go outside and call someone you trust.
4. Double up. Take a spouse, friend or colleague if a buyer or seller makes you uncomfortable.
5. Don’t look like a victim and invite trouble. Be aware of your surroundings at all times, look people in the eye, stand up straight and carry keys threaded through your fingers as a potential weapon.
6. Nurture common sense. Avoid questionable neighborhoods after dark, keep a full tank of gas, keep MP3 player’s volume low, wear little jewelry and make sure someone knows where you are and what time you plan to return.
Source: Virtual-Strategy.com (11/20/13)
© Copyright 2013 INFORMATION, INC. Bethesda, MD (301) 215-4688