Catch the excitement at Great American Realtor Days 2015
Realtors and the 2015 Florida Realtors leadership team rocked the Capitol in Tallahassee and advocated for our profession and opportunities for homeownership at Great American Realtor Days on March 3 and 4.
What is GARD?
Great American Realtor Days (GARD) is held during Florida's legislative session in Tallahassee. Realtors visit the Capitol to meet with legislators on pending real estate legislation.
Key Contacts are a direct link to your Legislators. Legislative visits during GARD are scheduled by local association Key Contacts.
Realtor Days Events
Legislative issue briefings are held to provide timely information on current legislative priorities.
A festive street party with food, drinks and music is held for all attendees, legislators and their staff. Food and drink stations are available for sponsorship by local associations. Our thanks to the following associations that were sponsors in 2015:
- Emerald Coast Association of Realtors
- Gainesville-Alachua County Association of Realtors
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Realtors
- Greater Tampa Association of Realtors
- Miami Association of Realtors
- Naples Area Board of Realtors
- New Smyrna Beach Board
- Northeast Florida Association of Realtors
- Ocala Marion County Association of Realtors
- Orlando Regional Realtor Association
- Osceola County Association of Realtors
- Pensacola Association of Realtors, Inc.
- Pinellas Realtor Organization
- Punta Gorda-Port Charlotte-North Port Association of Realtors
- Realtor Association of Greater Fort Myers & the Beach
- Realtor Association of Sarasota and Manatee
- Realtor Association of the Palm Beaches
- Realtors Association of Lake & Sumter Counties, Inc.
- Sanibel & Captiva Islands Association of Realtors
Realtors make a strong statement to lawmakers by rallying during the Capitol Courtyard Lunch. A catered lunch is provided, while members listen to political speakers. Legislators and staff are also invited to attend.
Transportation to Tallahassee
Florida Realtors supplements association transportation costs. If your association charters a bus to bring members to GARD, Florida Realtors reimburses up to $500 of the association's bus expense.
Great American Realtor Days 2016
Next year's legislative session will be January 12 – March 11. Great American Realtor Days will be January 12 and 13.
If you have questions regarding Great American Realtor Days, please contact Suzanne Hughes in the Tallahassee Office of Public Policy at 850.224.1400, or firstname.lastname@example.org