Is there an office merger in your future?
As is the case in many acquisitions, you may wind up with two offices in the same area. Here are some important things to consider if you need to merge the two—and close one.
• Revenue. How much actual and potential revenue are you likely to lose?
• Costs. What will you save in terms of overhead and other expenses?
• People. Can sales associates and staffers continue working from other offices? What support will you need to provide?
• Legal. What are your legal obligations (agent contracts, leases, franchise agreements, etc.)
• Publicity. How will you tell sales associates, staffers, customers and the public about the closing?
The bottom line: Can you turn a negative situation into a positive for your company, agents and community?