Announcing the Top 15 Mortgage Lenders in 2019
WASHINGTON – The number of loans originated by independent mortgage companies has increased significantly, and in 2019, they originated more than half (56.4%) of first-lien, owner-occupied home purchase loans. That’s up from 35% in 2010, according to a report released this month from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
Independent mortgage companies also originated more than half (58.1%) of first-lien, owner-occupied refinance loans.
Banks originated 2.6 million (32.4%) of all 2019 originations and credit unions followed at 714,000 (8.8%), according to the report.
The following lenders completed the most mortgage originations in 2019, according to the report:
- Quicken Loans: 541,000
- United Shore Financial Services LLC: 339,000
- Wells Fargo Bank: 232,000
- JPMorgan Chase Bank: 168,000
- Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation: 147,000
- Loandepot.com LLC: 146,000
- Caliber Home Loans Inc.: 136,000
- Bank of America: 134,000
- Freedom Mortgage Corporation: 110,000
- U.S. Bank National Association: 94,000
- Guaranteed Rate Inc.: 86,000
- Guild Mortgage Company: 85,000
- Nationstar Mortgage LLC: 84,000
- Flagstar Bank: 75,000
- Movement Mortgage LLC: 69,000
Source: “Data Point: 2019 Mortgage Market Activity and Trends,” Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (June 2020)
© Copyright 2020 INFORMATION INC., Bethesda, MD (301) 215-4688