WIRE — Where Successful Businesswomen Meet, Share and Connect
SAVE THE DATE! The 2021 Women in Real Estate Conference will be held July 9 at the Tampa Marriott Water Street.
Women have long found a real estate career attractive, thanks to flexible hours and a degree of independence. Even today, women handily outnumber men in this occupation.
Yet, a new study conducted by Florida Realtors found that women fill a smaller percentage of leadership roles. Is there a disconnect? Should things change — or are women on the right trajectory?
The Women in Real Estate conference (WIRE), presented by Florida Realtors, features a high-profile roster of speakers — women of influence in the real estate profession.
WIRE's goal is to educate, empower and promote women in the real estate profession. Attendees examine workforce behaviors and identify the ones that lead to success — and those that don't.
Resources from the 2020 Women in Real Estate Virtual Series
- Learn more about gender bias in the workplace
- Ninja Selling
- 5 Minute Journal app
- Start with Why by Simon Senek
- Wolfpack by Abby Wombach
- Abby Wombach Commencement Speech
- She Persisted by Chelsea Clinton
- Business Network International
- Junior League
- Lean In by Nell Scovell and Cheryl Sandberg
- My Noisy Cancer Comeback by Fitz Koehler
- The Go Giver podcast
- Lead to Win podcast
- Brené Brown podcast
- Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- Authentic Leadership by Dan Owolabi
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Alvin Toffler: "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- John Maxwell, On Being a Good Listener
Connect with 2020 keynote speaker Kirstie Ennis
Following a devastating injury in Afghanistan and an arduous year-long recovery, Kirstie Ennis embarked on a new mission: to be a beacon of hope for others. Join 2020 Florida Realtors® President Barry Grooms as he and Kirstie discuss her inspirational story, then join 2018 Florida Realtors® President Christine Hansen for a series recap and savvy self-care tips. FInd her online: