Make Your Voice Count in the Capitol at Great American Realtor Days
Florida Realtors Great American Realtor Days event is held annually during Florida's legislative session in Tallahassee. During GARD, Realtors visit the Capitol to meet with lawmakers on pending real estate legislation and discuss important issues impacting Florida's real estate industry.
Tell lawmakers that homeownership matters
Great American Realtor Days (GARD) in Tallahassee is an opportunity for you to rally with thousands of Realtors from across the state who promote legislation that protects private property rights and keeps taxes in check.
Be part of this yearly GARD event. You’ll meet legislators one-on-one and network with influencers that advocate for your profession and issues that are important in your back yard.
Getting involved just makes dollars and sense. In past years, Realtors who participated in Great American Realtor Days have been instrumental in legislation that:
- Cut the Business Rent Tax
- Added money for affordable housing projects
- Allocated significant funding for Florida's natural resources
- Capped community association fees for estoppel certificates
- Protected homeowners from excessive flood insurance increases
- Stopped a sales commission on your sales
- Authorized online/remote notaries
- Curbed emotional support animal online certificate abuses
- Provided new tools for closing open/expired permits