Board Certified Professional
Become a Florida Realtors® Board Certified Professional Realtor
Earn the Profession's Mark of Excellence
A Florida Realtors Board Certified Professional is a Realtor who has earned the distinction of high competence and professionalism through ongoing work in sales, volunteerism, advocacy, and ethical treatment of the public, consumers and other Realtors.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
DOWNLOAD REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST (.ZIP FILE)
How to Earn It
Candidates may apply for the endorsement after scoring a minimum of 265 points for the following criteria:
- EDUCATION (60 points minimum/155 maximum): Recognizes applicant knowledge, skills, and proficiency
- INVOLVEMENT (20 points minimum/50 maximum): Recognizes applicant character and advocacy efforts
- EXAM (90 points minimum/100 maximum): Recognizes applicant transactional knowledge
- ENDORSEMENTS (30 points minimum/45 maximum): Recognizes applicant competence and professionalism
- PERSONAL INTERVIEW (65 points minimum/75 maximum): Verifies application details correlate to information submitted
- Points are recorded using an online applicant data form.
Minimum Criteria to Apply
- Active and valid Florida real estate license
- Active and valid Florida Realtor member status
- No Florida Real Estate Commission violations that ever resulted in revocation, suspension, or probation of real estate or real estate-related license
- No Code of Ethics violations within three years of application
- Minimum of five years consecutive tenure as an active Realtor member when applying
- Completed a minimum of 10 real estate transactions OR have a minimum of $5 million in sales volume within two years of application
- Complied with NAR’s triennial requirements and is current
- Complied with NAR’s Code of Ethics Standards of Practice 10-5 within one year of application
- Taken at least one Florida Realtors or local contract class within two years of application from the state or local association of Realtors
- Signed attestation document that the information provided is true/factual and agree to social media spot checks verifying they follow NAR’s Code of Ethics Standards of Practice 10-5.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Deadline for submitting applications is March 31, with Florida Realtors Board Certified Professional status awarded at the August Florida Realtors Board of Directors meeting.
- Every two years, you must recertify your endorsement.
- Application: $795
- Recertification: $395
Questions about the program or the application? Contact Sharon Hoydich at email@example.com
This endorsement will serve as our industry’s own “Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval” — our Seal of Excellence! Martha Pomares, managing broker
Douglas Elliman Florida, Miami
If your intention is to make real estate your long-term profession, you most definitely should work toward this endorsement. With the challenges that continue to threaten the industry, it is imperative, if you are playing the long game, to earn this endorsement. If you are a new agent, this endorsement should be part of your long-term plan to earn as soon as you are eligible. Anand Patel, broker
Pangea Realty Group, Tampa