Grants Inspire Real Estate’s Female Leaders
60% of Realtors are women but they hold fewer leadership positions. To change that, the Women’s Council of Realtors offers grants for “new and innovative” programs.
WASHINGTON – The Women’s Council of Realtors® (WCR) wants to inspire more women to take on leadership roles in the real estate industry, and it’s doing so through its Supporting Women of Real Estate grants, which provide funding to local and state Realtor® associations for programs aimed at advancing women.
While women make up more than 60% of the real estate profession, they don’t hold nearly that same level of representation in leadership positions. WCR’s grants hope to change that.
WCR recently announced 10 recipients of its 2022 Supporting Women of Real Estate grants, which provide $2,500 per recipient to help organize one-day conferences that focus on encouraging more women leaders.
“We are pleased to have worked with the National Association of Realtors® over the past few years to provide over 30 Realtor associations grants that provide new and innovative programs focused on advancing women in the real estate industry,” says 2022 WCR President Sylvia Seabolt. “The program goals include inspiring women professionals to take on greater leadership roles in both business and organized real estate.”
This grant recipients have numerous events planned to spark a greater interest among women for leadership positions. Here’s what’s on tap for a few:
- The Placer County Association of Realtors in California plans to host a one-day event that features a panel of women industry leaders sharing topics like building a team, becoming a broker, running an office and creating a powerful support network of other Realtors for career advancement.
- The Prescott Area Association of Realtors in Arizona will host a one-day conference to celebrate the successes of its women leaders throughout the state and to inspire others by providing the opportunity to build greater professional relationships, including a “speed networking” activity.
- The South Shore Realtors in Massachusetts will use its grant to host an event called “Women’s Leadership Symposium: Accelerate. Advance. Achieve.” The one-day event will offer sessions featuring successful women in real estate who will speak on the challenges, pitfalls and successes that have impacted their diverse career journeys. The sessions also will cover topics on leadership, public speaking, advocacy, showing value in negotiations, work-life balance and discrediting the superwoman “I-can-do-it-all” myth.
Supporting Women of Real Estate grant recipients for 2022
- Madera Association of Realtors (California)
- Oregon Realtors
- Pikes Peak Association of Realtors (Colorado)
- Placer County Association of Realtors (California)
- Prescott Area Association of Realtors (Arizona)
- Richmond Association of Realtors (Virginia)
- South Carolina Realtors
- South Shore Realtors (Massachusetts)
- Spokane Association of Realtors (Washington)
- Tacoma-Pierce County Association of Realtors (Washington)
© 2022 Florida Realtors®