How to Attract Agents? Education and Structure
Few agents know every nuance of running a business. Loyalty builds by offering help, such as education sessions on social media marketing or new-tool training.
CHICAGO – Brokers build agent loyalty and attract new people by offering education sessions with the general topic “How to improve your business.”
Anthony Lamacchia of Waltham, Mass.-based Lamacchia Realty generates and puts out educational content, including tools to help buyers and sellers, social media marketing, and market shift navigation. He presents that information to his agents through two- to three-hour-long training events, which he then extended to professionals from other brokerages.
Lamacchia says brokers are always recruiting new agents, and educational events provide opportunities for agents to learn and grow.
Also critical to Lamacchia’s plan was building out a solid company structure, which he considers essential for retaining agents.
His advice to new brokers? Don’t build out a strong business structure as the brokerage grows – have systems in place prior to launch. Also:
- Ensure the deployment and easy accessibility of technology products, service offerings and educational opportunities
- Schedule a day and time for training
- Have ready-to-go marketing assets
- Establish a comprehensive packet of tech solutions for new agents
- Hire staff to support dependability, consistency and agent security
- Acquire and consistently employ a customer management system
- Maintain consistency in agent training
“Newer agents want leads and training; top agents want services and support,” Lamacchia says. “The broker needs to know what agents want and how to articulate that the brokerage has those offerings.”
Source: Realtor (09/23) Graham, Nicole Slaughter
© Copyright 2023 INFORMATION INC., Bethesda, MD (301) 215-4688