2018-2020 Florida Realtors Strategic Plan
Florida Realtors® Mission Statement
Florida Realtors® Is The Voice For Real Estate In Florida.
Florida Realtors® Vision Statement
Through the efforts of Florida Realtors® . . .
• Members have the knowledge, resources and freedom to be productive, profitable and maintain the utmost integrity.
• Local associations are a strong, respected member resource and industry advocate in their market area, and an effective partner with Florida Realtors®.
• Through collective action, real property rights and quality of life in the State of Florida are preserved, and consumers recognize Realtors® as advocates and trusted advisors.
Florida Realtors® Core Values
External Values [What we believe in. What we stand for.]
Quality of Life. We preserve, protect and support private property rights and quality of life for all Floridians.
The Realtor® Difference. We believe that Realtor® stands for professionalism, ethical practice and lifelong learning.
Community Involvement: We are engaged in and committed to the enhancement of our neighborhoods.
The Sanctity of Home. We are dedicated to a safe, comforting place for all to call home.
Commercial/Business. We serve those serving the public in the locating, acquiring, leasing and valuation of businesses and investments.
Internal Values [How we operate the Association and serve our members. How we agree to work together.]
Inclusive. We pursue the participation, respect and recognition of all members.
Meaningful Communication. We support the business needs of our members through clear, concise, and substantive two-way communication.
Value to Members. Florida Realtors® is committed to providing members with the support, resources and the influential voice they need to be profitable and to operate in a professional and ethical manner.
Culture of Innovation. We embrace open thought and work to create an environment where fresh ideas are welcomed as a means to stay pro-active and relevant to our members’ changing needs.
Florida Realtors Goals and 2018-2020 Objectives
Key Result Area: ADVOCACY AND INFLUENCE
GOAL 1: Fully engage and leverage the power and influence of all stakeholders – including consumers – who benefit from a thriving real estate market.
- Create an educated, informed base of consumers and other stakeholders – property owners, tenants, industries and interest groups – who are ready to respond to Florida Realtors® calls-to-action.
- Give Realtors® and others who ascribe to Realtors® positions the opportunity to direct, develop and influence public policy.
- Help each member connect in a personal way with the need and impact of grassroots engagement in advocacy and RPAC.
- Build a more robust issue fund to address real estate and community issues.
- Create an integrated, statewide advocacy team to wield the full power of the Association on priority issues.
Key Result Area: COMMUNICATION AND OUTREACH
GOAL 2: Deliver a concise and compelling message defining Realtor® as a trusted advisor and consumer advocate.
- Retool the message regarding the central role and impact of the Realtor® as the market expert.
- Deliver the message in innovative ways through members, local associations and State communication vehicles such that it shapes individual attitudes and perceptions.
GOAL 3: Clarify and strengthen the relationship with local associations and brokers to better engage and serve the members.
- Define and enhance the symbiotic relationship between the State and Local Associations.
- Demonstrate the value of increased broker engagement at the State level and the connection to agent productivity.
Key Result Area: VALUE TO MEMBERS
GOAL 4: Develop education, resources and tools that enhance member productivity and profitability, and
that draw upon the unique assets and competence of Florida Realtors®.
- Offer tools and resources that members can customize and share.
GOAL 5: Ensure that members are aware of and can access Florida Realtors® programs and services whenever, wherever and however they prefer.
- Continue to evolve the Florida Realtors® Web site enabling access to information ‘on the fly’ using interactive push technology.
GOAL 6: Be the source for accurate, timely and complete data on the Florida real estate market, and the analysis and tools members need to better serve their clients.
- Develop a member statistics platform to provide interactive market statistics on demand.
- Aggregate and communicate market data to all stakeholders.
- Consider development of a reliable, trusted listing portal for the State of Florida in both online and mobile platforms.
Key Result Area: LOCAL ASSOCIATION RELATIONS AND SUPPORT
GOAL 7: Build strong, effective local associations as full partners in serving the members and representing the interests of the real estate industry and property owners.
- Support local associations in achieving mandated core operating standards.
- Facilitate shared services on a local, regional and State level (such as GAD services, education, professional standards, RCA, and Global Business Councils).
Key Result Area: MEMBER ENGAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
GOAL 8: Through targeted outreach efforts and meaningful, flexible opportunities to participate, cultivate the involvement of real estate professionals, at all career stages, and tap their fresh ideas and perspectives to achieve Florida Realtors® goals.
- Mine, collect and utilize data on members to better leverage member skill sets and strengths to move ideas and issues forward.
- Develop convenient ways for members to participate and contribute their ideas and expertise.
- Leverage the influence of Florida Realtors® through more active engagement of Florida Realtors® members at the national level.
- More fully engage the agents in State volunteer and leadership opportunities with the full support of their brokers.
- “Looks Like Florida”: encourage inclusiveness and engagement of the full spectrum of the profession within Florida Realtors®.
Note: Numbers and letters are for identification only and do not denote priority.