Florida Realtors® Strategic Plan
Florida Realtors® Mission Statement
Florida Realtors® Is The Voice For Real Estate In Florida.
Florida Realtors® Vision Statement
Through the efforts of Florida Realtors . . .
- Members have the knowledge, resources and freedom to be productive, profitable and maintain the utmost integrity.
- Local associations are a strong, respected member resource and industry advocate in their market area, and an effective and essential partner with Florida Realtors.
- Through collective action, real property rights and quality of life are preserved, and consumers recognize Realtors® as advocates and trusted advisors.
Florida Realtors® Core Values
External Values [What we believe in. What we stand for.]
Quality of Life. We preserve, protect and support private property rights and quality of life for all Floridians.
The Realtor® Difference. We believe that Realtor stands for professionalism, ethical practice and lifelong learning.
Community Involvement. We are engaged in and committed to the enhancement of our communities.
The Sanctity of Home. We are dedicated to the goal of a safe, comforting place for all to call home.
Commercial/Business. We serve those who assist the public in locating, acquiring, leasing and providing the valuation of businesses and investments.
Internal Values [How we operate the association and serve our members. How we agree to work together.]
Inclusive. We pursue the participation, respect and recognition of all members.
Meaningful Communication. We support the business needs of our members through clear, concise and substantive two-way communication.
Value to Members. Florida Realtors is committed to providing members with the support, resources and influential voice they need to be profitable and to operate in a professional and ethical manner.
Culture of Innovation. We embrace diversity of thought and opinions, and work to create an environment where fresh ideas are welcomed as a means to stay pro-active and relevant to our members’ changing needs.
Florida Realtors' Objectives, Goals and Strategies
OBJECTIVE 1: STRENGTHEN ADVOCACY AND INFLUENCE
GOAL 1: Fully engage and leverage the power and influence of all stakeholders – including consumers – who benefit from a thriving real estate market.
- Continue to update and enhance the association’s educated, informed base of consumers and other stakeholders – property owners, tenants, industries and interest groups – who are ready to respond to Florida Realtors’ calls-to-action.
- Give Realtors and others who ascribe to Realtors’ positions the opportunity to direct, develop and influence public policy.
- Help each member connect in a personal way with the need and impact of grassroots engagement in advocacy and RPAC.
- Ensure Florida Realtors’ issue fund(s) are adequate to address real estate and community issues.
- Continue to empower the statewide advocacy team to wield the full power of the association on priority issues.
- As advocates for affordable housing, Florida Realtors will work to ensure full funding of the statutorily created Housing Trust Funds.
- Explore partnerships for fundraising to protect private property rights throughout the real estate market.
- Explore and possibly implement additional political fundraising opportunities with all stakeholders in the real estate industry.
OBJECTIVE 2: ENHANCE VALUE TO MEMBER/MEMBER PROFESSIONALISM
GOAL 2: Develop education, resources and tools that enhance member productivity, professionalism and profitability, as well as broker accountability, and that draw upon the unique assets and competence of Florida Realtors.
- Offer tools and resources that members can readily access on key topics like fair housing, risk management, professionalism, advocacy, global business and women in real estate.
- Connect the membership with Florida Realtors’ global network to provide access to further business opportunities at home and abroad.
- Provide programming that enhances the level of professionalism in the industry.
- Enhance and continue to provide risk management tools and services.
- Ensure that members are aware of and can access Florida Realtors’ programs and services whenever, wherever and however they prefer by enabling access to information and member benefits instantly and easily on any device.
GOAL 3: Be the source for accurate, timely and complete data on Florida Realtors’ membership and the Florida real estate market. These databases are designed to bolster the tools members need to better serve their customers and clients. These databases also assist local associations and MLSs in conducting business.
- Continue to enhance the member statistics platform to provide interactive market statistics on demand.
- Aggregate and communicate market data to all stakeholders.
- Partner with local associations to ensure they are the voice of real estate in their local markets.
- Create tools and services for members on how to best incorporate the member statistics platform into their businesses.
OBJECTIVE 3: INCREASE MEMBER ENGAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
GOAL 4: Cultivate the involvement of real estate professionals at all career stages at local, state and national levels of the organization through targeted outreach efforts and a variety of opportunities to participate.
- Mine, collect and utilize data on members to better leverage member skill sets and strengths to move ideas and issues forward.
- Develop convenient ways for members to participate and contribute their ideas and expertise.
- Leverage the influence of Florida Realtors through more active engagement of Florida Realtors’ members at the national level.
- More fully engage the agents in state volunteer and leadership opportunities with the full support of their brokers.
- Encourage inclusiveness and engagement of all sectors of the profession within Florida Realtors.
GOAL 5: Partner with the local associations and brokers to deliver a concise and compelling message defining the Realtor as a trusted advisor and consumer advocate.
- Continue to adjust and enhance the message regarding the central role and impact of the Realtor as the market expert and local community leader via market statistics, advocacy information, legal publications, and professional standards support.
- Deliver the message in innovative ways through brokers, members, local associations and state association communications vehicles so that it shapes individual attitudes and perceptions.
- Facilitate shared services on a local, regional and state level (such as for government affairs, education, professional standards, commercial Realtors and global business councils).
- Support local associations in achieving mandated core operating standards.
Note: Numbers and letters are for identification only and do not denote priority.