Make Your Voice Count in the Capitol at Great American Realtor Days
Everyone wants to be heard, and Great American Realtor® Days is your chance for YOUR opinions to make a difference in the real estate business in Florida. It’s your chance to stand up for your profession and for homeowners across the state.
Held annually in the state Capitol, Great American Realtor Days, or as we like to call it, GARD, gives you the opportunity to travel to Tallahassee and shake hands and meet face-to-face with lawmakers before they weigh decisions that will impact how you do business.
Florida Realtors® 2025 Great American Realtor Days is scheduled for March 4-6.
You’ll be there to make sure our elected leaders have the right information before voting on legislation that could hurt your bottom line, threaten the growth of your business, or make it harder for Floridians to buy their dream homes or sell their properties.
- Is something in a real estate transaction complicating the process unnecessarily?
- Are escalating insurance premiums driving away buyers?
- Does the water quality in your area impact your sales?
- What about the taxes coming out of your pocket or the pockets of your clients, are they too high?
These are just a few examples of the issues state lawmakers might consider each year during the annual legislative session.
Your involvement in GARD makes sure the voices of Realtors and homebuyers and sellers are heard. Because your voice, our voice, the REALTOR voice matters.
Make plans to join us for this eye-opening and life-changing experience. Check with your local board to learn more about travel options for delegations.
Transportation to Tallahassee: Florida Realtors assists with transportation costs. If your association brings a bus to GARD, Florida Realtors will reimburse the association up to $1,000.
How YOUR voice has made a difference
In past years, Realtors who participated in GARD have been instrumental in legislation that:
- Massively cuts the state sales tax on commercial leases
- Provides important insurance reforms to help keep premiums affordable
- Allocates significant funding for improved water quality throughout the state
- Caps certain fees charged by community associations
- Protects homeowners from excessive flood insurance increases
- Authorizes online/remote notaries for more streamlined transactions
- Provides new tools for closing open/expired permits
- And much, much more