U.S. News & World Report’s First Lender Ranking
Best lender for lower mortgage rates? PenFed Credit Union. Best mortgage lender – AmeriSave. Best mortgage refinancing lender – New American Funding.
WASHINGTON – U.S. News & World Report, one of the best-known ranking and consumer advice companies, announced the winners of its first-ever Banking, Investing Platforms and Lender Awards.
“Today’s homebuyers are contending with an affordability crisis fueled by high interest rates and unyielding home prices, so it’s important to find a mortgage lender that can provide some financial relief,” says Erika Giovanetti, loans expert and reporter at U.S. News.
U.S. News’ new awards come as rising interest rates, inflation and a generally unpredictable investing market continue to impact the financial lives of consumers. The group says its awards “highlight trusted resources to help consumers identify the financial institutions most likely to meet their needs.”
2023-2024 U.S. News Banking, Investment Platforms & Lender Awards Winners
- Editors’ Choice: Best lender for beating high mortgage rates – PenFed Credit Union
- Best mortgage lender – AmeriSave
- Best mortgage refinancing lender – New American Funding
- Best private student loan lender – Earnest
- Best private student loan refinancing lender – Laurel Road
- Best personal loan lender – Discover
- Best debt consolidation loan lender – SoFi
- Best checking account – Axos Bank Rewards Checking
- Best savings account – Bask Bank Interest Savings Account
- Best CD account – Barclays Bank 12-month CD
- Best investing platform – Charles Schwab
- Best investing platform for Beginners – Fidelity Investments
U.S. News says it determined the winning institutions using data-driven methodologies including factors specific to their respective categories: annual percentage yield, ATM availability, customer complaints and more for banking; useability, product and account offerings, customer support and fees for investing platforms; and affordability, eligibility and customer service for lenders.
© 2023 Florida Realtors®